Monday, November 19, 2012

Smoothie/Protein shake


I am addicted to these smoothies, I have one everyday. Usually after my workout or just for breakfast on the days I don't workout. I add protein because I am trying to gain a tiny bit of muscle and also because I'm vegetarian so it's an easy way for me to get a little protein in the morning.

Ingredients:
  1 cup soy milk
  1 handful of blueberries (frozen)
  3 strawberries (frozen)
  1 scoop of protein powder 
  1 tbsp flaxseed meal 
  dash of cinnamon 
  Sometime I'll add a banana.

I usually freeze fresh blueberries and strawberries because I like using frozen fruit better. It keeps the shake cooler and I like the consistency better, I do use fresh unfrozen fruit sometimes too.

I toss everything in that small mason jar and just screw the blender bottom onto it and blend it right in there.
How was your weekend? We had our Santa Claus parade this weekend, Christmas is coming so fast.

Today I'm linking up with:
Covered in Grace
All my Love for All my Days

Happy Monday!!




3 comments :

Gentri said...

Oh yum!! I love blueberries and bananas. Two of my favorites. :) I LOVE your new blog design!

ahappygirl said...

this looks so yummy! thanks for sharing!

thrilled i found your blog and excited to be your newest follower! :)

happy monday!
much love & many blessings.
xoxo.

Santanu Mondal said...

I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic...

benefits of protein powder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...