Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Reese


Happy Birthday Reese!! Reese is 3 years old today and I can't believe how fast time has gone. We got Reese after taking a trip to Scotland where we spend most of our travelling time read books about dogs (mostly books by Ceser Millan) We already had a dog at the time, a yellow lab named Maverick who has since passed away ( we miss you Mav ) We thought it would be an awesome idea for Mav to have a friend but also knew it was a crazy idea as 2 dogs would be a lot of work. We started to looking at puppies with no real intention of getting one, I know I know obviously you're going to end up with a puppy if you go look at them because lets get real how can you not after you see them. We found a lady that lived in our town who's  dog had just had a litter of rottweiler puppies so we called her up and went to go see them. Needless to say that was it for us and we decided right then that we were getting one. We brought Reese home at 5 weeks, which is a little earlier but we were so stoked.


It's so hard to believe she was so little at one point. In the top right picture that's her sleeping in the cats bed, which she claimed as her own for a while and that's Mav napping with her. I am very happy we got her when we did because Maverick, who was 10 at the time was a big help with training her. She was only a year old when Mav passed and as hard as it was for us to deal with I couldn't even imagine how much harder it would have been to come home to a house without a dog at all. We decided not to get another dog for a while after Mav so Reese has been on her own with us until recently. In February of this year we adopted a shepherd mix from the OSPCA so she now had a little brother.




Do you have any pets?
Hope you all have a good weekend!! They are called for super nice weather here this weekend :) We have a wedding tomorrow and my mom's birthday on Sunday so it'll be a busy weekend here.
Happy Friday!!

8 comments :

TheTinyHeart said...

Happy birthday, Reese! She is SO gorgeous! Her little brother is adorable too :) I have a pit mix and a puggle. It's a lot of work having 2 dogs but they bring so much love and happiness into my life.

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Enter to win a gift card!(open internationally)

Anonymous said...

That's such a nice story, thanks for sharing and happy birthday Reese! She's gorgeous, as are your other dogs :). My dog Sunshine passed away last year unexpectedly and it was the most difficult thing I've ever gone through. Even though it's so hard to lose them, I knew I needed a dog in my life and my husband and I adopted Casey a few weeks after that which really helped me move forward. Once we move out of our one bedroom apartment {and hopefully have a yard} I think we'll get a friend for Casey. Enjoy your weekend!

hop, skip and jump said...

oh wow, what a cutie!

Unknown said...

aww such cute photos! I love the one of them sharing the twig!!
I really want a puppy but nope we don't have any pets :(


raspberrykitsch.com

xx

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Reese! We sometimes think about getting a playmate for our dog, Baxter. Good to hear 2 dogs has worked out well for you.

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Awww happy birthday sweet girl! She's so cute! I have a shepherd mix who is 3 too! And her brother is a 3 year old pit bull :) I love the puppy pic of Reese sitting on top of Maverick - he seems like such a sweetie too (RIP) <3

Goku shrestha said...

happy birthday :)

Kimberly said...

Loving this story. I love that Maverick helped train Reese. I bet Reese is helping train the new puppy too. Very cute pics. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...