Monday, June 11, 2012

Eating My Graden




I originally started this post to ask for your help identify this bug. I thought, at first that it was some sort of ladybug which creeped me out big time because I do not like lady bugs.  I was googling everything to try to find out what they are and had no luck (clearly I suck at googling things) BUT thanks to good ol' Facebook all I had to do was take some pictures of these guys and ask. I got my answer in a matter of minutes. I now know that these lil guys are not in the lady bug family at all, they are Lily Beetle, which would explain my lily plant.





These little jerks have devoured almost my whole plant! The only part still left is the top, where they are doing it like mad and making little poo babies (babies that look like poos). I have never seen anything like it before and it freaks me right out. 




 My question now is have you had this problem before? If so how do you get rid of them and their babies?



1 comment :

ShyScout said...

Haha...I must admit reading "poo babies" made me chuckle. I am sooo sorry about your flowers though. I am not sure how to get rid of them. I would try googling natural remedies for garden pests. My garden was destroyed by baby bunnies *sigh*. Thankfully a fence was an easy remedy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...