Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Homemade Dog Treats

I came across this recipe almost a year ago and it is still my ( and my dogs ) favourite dog treat recipe. It's super simple and you probably have everything you need all ready in your cupboards.



What You'll Need:

2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Cup peanut butter ( I like to use all natural so they aren't full of sugar)
1 Cup milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375'F. Combine flour and baking powder in one bowl. In another bowl mix peanut butter and milk, then add it to the dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 thick and use any cookie cutter to cut out shapes ( I like to stick to small size cutters) Bake 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until golden. Cool and store in an airtight container. 
*Cookies do burn easily so make sure to keep an eye on them


And voila!
Remember these aren't full of preservatives so they will go bad just like any other baked goods. When I make a batch I like to give some to friends and family with dogs because they do make quite a bit. You could also modify the recipe so they don't go to waste.
Happy Baking!!!

4 comments :

simply megan. said...

How cool are these??! Awesome
!!

Chelsea said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! We always make homemade dog food for my dog, and he LOVES peanut butter, so I am sure he'd love these cookies! Found your blog through the Saturday blog hop, so thought I'd stop by and say hi!

C.
http://chelseadward.blogspot.ca/

Christine said...

I hope he likes them!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Jenny said...

I am going to have to try these for my dog! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...